I try to share as much of my beauty and skincare routines as possible with you all but of course, they’re always changing and I’m always trying out new products. I realized recently it had been a while since I talked about this in-depth so I wanted to put something together that goes over both my morning and evening routines.
Morning skincare routines tend to get skipped over the most in comparison to evening, in my opinion, but I think they’re so important and set the tone for your day. They’re also crucial for getting any leftover product from the night before off your face so you can start fresh. There’s no single way to approach your morning skincare routine, but these are the steps and products I use every day to help my skin look its best.
1. Boscia purifying cleanser – I love this line of skincare products because it’s clean and it really helps prevent future breakouts. Every time I stop using this cleanser or the charcoal one I get a break out. I use it both evening and night.
2. Indie Lee CoQ10 toner – After I cleanse I always tone because I feel that it sets the tone for how well the remainder of my products are absorbed into my skin. This one is great and I also use it at night too!
3. Follain Moisturizer – I love this moisturizer because it’s super light weight and immediately gets absorbed into the skin. It also has a fresh smell which I appreciate. I also use an SPF moisturizer (love Ulta MD) when I go into the sun!
4. Lamer Cooling Gel – I use this on days where I have a shoot or need to take photos. It’s such a great base for primer and really helps your make up go on smooth. Its also not as heavy as the moisture creme which I like.
5. Ocean Beauty eye cream – This eye cream is one of the first clean eye products I have tried. I’ve become so sensitive about using only clean products (toxic and chemical free) around my eyes and this one has been so moisturizing.
6. Codex Exfoliator – I use this once a week. It really helps brighten my face and make it look less dull. The micro-beads also help wash away any dead skin particles and/or buildup.
And now for my evening routine. I’ll admit I’ve had an evening routine longer than I’ve had a morning routine, so I’ve had lots of time to try different products and discover the active ingredients that are most important to me – like peels vs retinol, etc. And that’s what I love most about evening skincare. Because you’re not going out in the sun after you apply everything, you have an opportunity to use more potent, effective products. Here’s everything I’m currently using and loving.
1. Bioderma Micellar Water (not pictured) – I always use this first to take off my makeup – especially my eye makeup bc I have found that since my eyes are super sensitive this doesn’t irritate it. I’ve tried so many make up removers out there and this one works the best for me and is affordable!
2. Dermologica Pre-cleanse – At night I always use a pre-cleanse or oil cleanser bc it really helps take the makeup off. Then I follow it with a purifying cleanser like the Boscia one mentioned above. This one is really light weight and doesn’t feel too oily which is very common with oil cleansers.
3. iS Clinical Active Serum – This serum also works as a exfoliator. It really helps prevent breakouts and zaps any pockets of build up or bacteria on the face. It’s pricey but lasts a while!
4. Herbivore Phoenix Oil – During the night I always use a facial oil first instead of a moisturizer. I find that an oil helps lock in all the moisture and products I have used and really helps hydrate the skin. Whether it’s this one (which has turmeric to help with puffiness) or the one by Eminence (both clean beauty brands) you can’t go wrong.
5. Versed – If you’re not familiar with Versed products – they are sold at Target and is also a clean beauty brand developed by the founders of Who What Wear. Their products really work and I have come to love their overnight peel and retinol ones the best. They also recently came out with a baby cheeks toner that takes off all your makeup too!
6. iS Clinical Youth Eye Complex – I love this eye cream and have found it to work the best. I try to use eye cream right after my serum to make sure it’s locked in before using face oil. You want your eye cream to get absorbed so it’s important to not leave it as the last step. It should always be one of your first steps even before moisturizer so it’s completely absorbed. This one really helps with dark circles and puffiness.
7. Pericone MD Firming Moisturizer – On nights where I don’t use face oil I use a heavy moisturizer like this firming one. Anything firming I am about bc of course with age comes looser skin so this is a must for me!
8. Laniege Sleeping Lip Mask – I love using this lip sleep mask even during the day as a gloss. It’s so hydrating and immediately makes my dry lips feel moisturized and is super glossy!
9. Good Genes by Sunday Riley – This is a holy grail product and has lactic acid in it which helps resurface the skin so it doesn’t appear to be dull or wrinkled. I have used it for quite a long time and it really helps fill in deep wrinkles in your face (like my smile lines) if used regularly! You can read all the reviews here. A must-try!
Tools – ok now on to tools! I use three main facial tools. The NuFace, Jade Roller, and Gua. Of course the NuFace is probably the most effective one but rollers just feel nice on the skin and also can help absorb the products you use on your face. The NuFace you really have to use consistently to see lifting results but it does in fact work! I use it on evenings and days where I know I have a big event to attend to or going to have my photos taken but consistency is key!
What products do you love for morning and evening skincare? I’d love to hear what you’re using too!
| Shop Beauty Favorites |