When it comes to dressing for fall one way to add layers without feeling heavy and weighed down is wearing a cape. Since I’m all about classic chic pieces that can be worn over and over, I invested in one from Burberry at Nordstrom. Their classic plaid pattern and neutral tones are sure to make you feel stylish and warm over the the holidays, not to mention the cape is reversible (hello two for one)! Below I’m sharing some tips on how to style a cape this season. Also, make sure to check out Nordstrom’s other great designer pieces here. I have my eye on this handbag next!
SHOP THE LOOK
HOW TO STYLE A CAPE
1. Let the cape stand out and wear with an all black ensemble
2. Style with knee high boots for an elevated look
3. Wear a complimenting bag that won’t takeaway from the cape
4. Invest in one that you can wear a lot! Love that this one is reversible, two capes for the price of one
5. Style with a dress or skirt that is about the same length of the cape
Special thanks to Nordstrom x Burberry for sponsoring this post.