Decor

At Home with Homepolish & HomeGoods

I love a good treasure hunt. Whether I’m at the D Magazine Outlet in Milan sifting through racks of designer samples or HomeGoods in Georgetown, DC, there’s nothing quite like a high you get when you find beautiful design at exceptional value. So when approached by HomeGoods and Homepolish to redesign my living room and bedroom with HomeGoods decor, I jumped at the opportunity. I spent many weekends and evening nights, much to my husband’s chagrin, traveling to different HomeGoods locations around the city seeking treasures for my home to catalog in an upcoming shoot with Homepolish. With a little tenacity, patience, creativity, and a patient husband, I found some amazing decorative pieces that transformed my home and made it worthy of a Homepolish feature.

I would be remiss if I didn’t thank my fellow project teammate Caitlin from Homepolish. She was very much my design “bestie”—I worked in tandem with her and would send pics of different HomeGoods finds to her at various hours of the day seeking her guidance. It was a wonderful experience and I would highly recommend working with Homepolish again.

Here’s a look at the final product. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Style MBA Living Room Style MBA Decor Style MBA Bedroom Style MBA living room striped rugBedroom Shoe ShelfEntry Way HomeGoods MirrorModernica Planter HomeGoods Abstract PaintingBR_4571DR_4283BR_4565

Free People Sweater

• Nighstand Knobs
  • Large Artwork Used As Headboard
  • Frames
  • Tissue Holder
  • Shelf Accessories

Photos: Lauren Joseph

Follow #MBAhome on Instagram for more decor inspiration.

Previous Story
Next Story

16 Comments

alexis
    February 2, 2016 at 10:21 am

it’s perfect!

Sara
      February 4, 2016 at 10:08 pm

too kind! x

Ally
    February 3, 2016 at 11:49 am

Beautifully composed look! I absolutely love it all!

Xo Ally

Sara
      February 4, 2016 at 10:07 pm

Thanks so much Ally!

Maggie
    February 3, 2016 at 5:52 pm

I love your headboard!! The colors and design are all so pretty (on everything!)

Sara
      February 4, 2016 at 10:07 pm

Thanks Maggie – it’s actually two pieces of artwork:) x

Havenly Home Office | Style MBA
    February 9, 2016 at 12:17 pm

[…] week I revealed our living room and bedroom design, and today I’m excited to finally share my home office (also featured in […]

Lori
    February 11, 2016 at 1:36 pm

Hi Sara, love your February 5th HomeGoods decor post! Been visiting and calling local metro Atlanta HG stores since to find the square marble lamp used in the living room. I’ve been told I need a style number. Is there any way possible you might have access to that info?

I’d like to find the large painting also, but the lamp is my primary mission . Thanks!

Sara
      February 12, 2016 at 10:44 am

Hi Lori!
      I will check when I get home (in LA now) to see if any of my old receipts I kept. Crossing my fingers for you.

Lori
        February 12, 2016 at 9:20 pm

Hi Sara! Wonderful, it would definitely help to know date of purchase as I’m checking on recent shipments. Enjoy your trip and thanks again!

Candice
    March 17, 2016 at 11:42 am

Hi Sara,
    Where’s the fabulous sofa from?

Sara
      March 20, 2016 at 10:51 am

Hi Candice,
      It’s from a store called Jesse that closed:(

Janina Fuhrmann
    April 30, 2016 at 4:03 pm

Hey Sara,
    I love your ceiling lamp. Unfortunately I can’t find a similar one in the internet. Where is this lamp from?
    Greetings from Germany, Janina

Jennifer
    May 29, 2016 at 7:11 pm

Hi Sara,
    Beautiful pictures! I actually purchased the same large silver art piece that you have over your sofa, then debated whether or not to keep it, ended up returning it… only to go back to Homegoods a week later to try to purchase it again, but of course it was gone. I kick myself for my indecisiveness. Wondering if you might be able to tell me the artist’sname (if it’s anywhere on the print or the back) as I’m hoping I can find it again via a name search. Thanks so much,
    Jennifer D.

Sara
      May 31, 2016 at 1:19 pm

Hi Jennifer,
      Thanks so much for your sweet message! So bummed you returned it:(
      Sadly i can’t find the artists’ name any where! I remember it being on a piece of paper attached to the painting but I threw it away. I remember it being an australian artist if that helps at all.
      Wish I could be of more help! Good luck!

Jennifer
        May 31, 2016 at 3:53 pm

Actually that helped immensely. I just did a search for “Australian artist Homegoods” and I found her (Sarah Brooke). Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to my inquiry Sara!