People always say that it’s important to have a productive morning, and that it’s easier to be productive in the morning than later in the day. Well, the people are absolutely right! Studies have long proven that our willpower is at its strongest in the morning and diminishes as we go through the day. That means that making the most out of your morning truly will allow you to have the most productive and least stressful day possible. A good morning starts with a good routine! Whenever I talk about lifestyle and wellness, I always urge patience; a strong routine takes time to develop, and practice to stick to. Today I’m sharing my morning routine with you all!
- Hydrate: I always start my morning with a tall glass of hot water and lemon. Lemons are a wonderful source of vitamin C. Drinking them first thing in the morning will kickstart your digestion and help your body better absorb nutrients from food throughout your day.
- Fuel Up: As they say, breakfast is the most important meal of the day! My favorite morning combination:
- A piece of fruit and toast with peanut butter
- One cup of coffee with almond milk
- Get Organized: After breakfast, I get to work by making my to do list for the day. Making a to do list is a great way to visualize what you need to accomplish by the end of the day.
- Catch Up: After making my to do list, I turn on the Today Show and attack my inbox. I try not to spend more than 45 minutes responding to emails.
- Exercise: Working out in the morning is a powerful way to kickstart your productivity. During my pregnancy, I’ve taken to going on long walks in the morning.
- Get Ready: After my workout, I shower and get ready for the rest of my day which typically involves styling a shoot and working with clients!
I’m sure once the twins arrive my morning routine will be MUCH different so I’ll be sure to document the changes:) Hope your week is off to a great start!
// SHOP THE POST//